FARM/HOME AUCTION * ONLINE BIDDING ONLY
150 +/- Acres offered in 2 tracts
*Equine Farm * Development Land * Cattle Farm * Country Home * Hunting/Fishing*
ONLINE BIDDING CLOSES: Monday, November 19 at 7:00 PM (CST)
REGISTER & BID ONLINE: www.AuctionKansasCity.com
PROPERTY LOCATION: 11718 Donahoo Rd., Kansas City, KS 66109
PREVIEW DATES: Thursday, November 1st (5:00 - 7:00 pm)
Sunday, November 11th (3:00 – 5:00 pm)
DIRECTIONS: I-435 to Donahoo Road, turn west. Go approximately 1.5 miles to property on the north side of the road. Watch for Kansas City Auction & Realty signs.
Take a look at this 83.5 +/- acres of fenced pasture. Water sources on the property include an approximately 1-acre pond, and Honey Creek runs through the timber line. The gently rolling terrain is ideal for cattle grazing.
This property also has future development potential, as it is located in the Piper School District and backs to the Genesis Trace subdivision, near the Dub’s Dread Golf Club. Easy access to I-435 and proximity to the Kansas Speedway (4.6 miles) and Legends Shopping Center (3.6 miles) make this location ideal for a variety of uses.
Enjoy country living with city convenience with this unique opportunity to purchase a historic 5 bedroom, 2 ½ bath farmhouse, outbuildings, and 67.2 +/- acres at auction. The craftsmanship is evident as soon as you walk in the entry way, with dark wood trim, crown molding, and beamed ceilings. To the left, the study has built in bookcases and a cozy wood burning fireplace. A formal dining room highlights more incredible woodwork with a coffered ceiling and plate rail. The large kitchen has been modernized and has lots of storage and counter space, and opens to an informal dining room. The family room offers wall to wall windows overlooking the pasture, vaulted ceilings, and a stone fireplace. On the second story, you’ll find three bedrooms and a bathroom with a walk-in shower. The third story has two more bedrooms as well as a full bathroom. Generous windows throughout the home provide natural light. This home has tons of character inside and out!
The acreage is perfectly set up for horses and/or cattle. The 67.2 +/- acres are perimeter and cross-fenced, with approximately 5 acres of water split between 3 ponds. A horse barn contains a shop, 3 stalls, and an indoor arena. There’s also an old dairy barn, alley ways, and corrals next to the barns. A covered hay storage building rounds out the necessities for any cattle or horse farm.
Located in the Piper School District, just 12 minutes from the Kansas Speedway, 8 minutes from the popular Legends Shopping Center, and 25 minutes from downtown KC, this estate boasts all the perks of a rural home with the added convenience of easy access to amenities and attractions.
BIDDING DEADLINE: Do not miss your chance to bid on this property as we offer it for sale at an online only auction. Bidding ending November 19 at 7:00 pm.
AUCTIONEERS NOTE: This property has one of the best locations and layouts that we have offered in recent years. Located right outside of Piper, Kansas and just a couple of miles north of the always desirable "Legends" area of Kansas City, the farm offers strong development potential in the near future. Dr. Carpenter was a pioneer in the Angus Cattle industry and the farm is formerly known as (Piper Angus Farms) which is well recognized in the Piper, Kansas area. United Country - Kansas City Auction and Realty is proud to be able to offer this fine property at public auction and we hope to see you on one of the preview dates. Make plans now to view the property and begin bidding online, as we discover who the next owner of this property will be.
SELLERS: Carpenter Family Limited Partnership
Online Auction Bidders Agreement
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET FORTH HEREIN, PLEASE CONSULT AN ATTORNEY PRIOR TO SIGNING.
I ________________________________ (Buyer) agree to immediately enter into a Purchase Contract if I am declared the high bidder (winning bidder) by the auctioneer during the following auction:
- 150 (+/-) acres of real estate located at 11718 Donahoo Rd., Kansas City, KS 66109.
Tract # 1 - 83.5 +/- Acres of Pasture
Tract # 2 – 67.2 +/- Acres, plus House and Outbuildings
- Online Bidding Opens on Sunday, October 21st at 7:00 am (CST)
- Online Bidding Closes on Monday, November 19th at 7:00 pm (CST)
By signing below, I agree that I have read and fully understand the Online Auction Bidders Agreement and the Terms and Conditions of this auction.
I fully understand and agree that an Online Auction Bidders Agreement MUST be signed and returned to United Country – Kansas City Auction and Realty, prior to being allowed to bid in the Online Auction. As a bidder, it is solely my responsibility to contact the auction company at (877) 318-0438 with any questions regarding the auction, purchase agreement or terms & conditions, prior to placing any bids in said auction.
Online Auction Terms & Conditions
- Confirmation Auction: The property is being offered in an Online Only Auction, with all bids subject to Sellers confirmation.
- Bidding Registration: Online bidder hereby agrees that they must be properly registered for the online auction by completing and signing the (Online Auction Bidders Agreement), which will be sent by email via DocuSign. Upon completing this registration form and receiving approval, bidding privileges will be turned on. If you need assistance with registration, you may contact Lucinda Terrel at (816) 420-6257 or by email at LTerrel@UC-KC.com.
- Bidding Opens/Closes: The Online Only Auction (i.e. Internet Auction) bidding shall be opened and begin closing on the dates and times stated above.
- Property Preview Dates: November 1st 5:00 – 7:00pm and November 11th 3:00 – 5:00pm, or by contacting the auction manager (Darrin Addison 620-338-0894). It is recommended to all bidders to personally inspect the property prior to placing any bids in the auction. Property inspections are the sole responsibility of the bidders.
- Cash Offer/No Financing Contingency: By participating in this auction, bidders hereby agree that their bid shall NOT be subject to the bidder’s ability to obtain financing. By placing a bid in this auction, bidders are making a “cash offer” to purchase the property. Financing is NOT a contingency in the purchase agreement.
- Buyer’s Premium: A FIVE Percent (5%) Buyer’s Premium shall be added to the final bid price place online, which will determine the Total Contract Sales Price. Bidders hereby understand that the Buyer’s Premium shall be added to the winning bid to create the Total Contract Sales Price for which they are obligated to pay for the property.
- Purchase Contract: Winning bidder hereby agrees to enter into a Contract to Purchase the property immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction the winning bidder will be forwarded via email an Auction Real Estate Sales Contract to purchase the property. A signed copy of the Auction Real Estate Sales Contract must be received by United Country – Kansas City Auction and Realty no later than 24 hours from the time said Purchase Contract was sent to the winning bidder. The Auction Real Estate Sales Contract may be (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). A sample purchase contract is available for review online prior to placing any bids in the auction.
- Escrow Deposit: An escrow deposit of Ten Percent (10%) of the total contract purchase price (which includes the buyer’s premium) will be wire transferred or hand delivered in the form of certified funds to the Title Company no later than 48 hours following the close of auction. See closing agents contact information below. The balance of the purchase price will be due in full at closing.
- Closing: Closing shall be on or by Wednesday, December 19th, 2018. Closing shall take place at Secured Title of Kansas City – Wyandotte, 2100 Hutton Road, Suite 101, Kansas City, KS 66109. Closing Agent is Amy Parkhurst (Escrow Officer) and her contact information is (913) 535-5289 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of state buyers will be afforded the opportunity to close via email, mail and wire transfer of certified funds.
- Easements: The sale of the property is subject to any and all easements of record.
- Minerals: The seller’s share of minerals (if any) will transfer with the surface at closing.
- Survey: The seller has recently updated a survey of the property, and such survey shall provide a valid legal description of both tracts being offered. Seller shall not require any additional survey and if the Buyer desires additional survey, it shall be at the Buyer’s sole expense.
- Possession: Possession of the property will be given upon payment in full of the purchase price and transfer of title, at closing.
- Title Insurance: Title Insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. Seller shall execute a general warranty deed conveying the property to the buyer(s).
- Taxes: Seller shall pay the 2017 and all prior year real estate taxes. 2018 real estate taxes will be Pro-Rated to the date of closing.
- Online Auction Technology (Disclaimer): Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against United Country – Kansas City Auction and Realty, or anyone else, if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction. Online bidding is subject to technology faults and issues which are outside the control of the auction company. Bidder(s) are encouraged to use the “Maximum Bid” feature on the bidding platform and lock in their maximum bid amount, if they are concerned about technology failure during the auction.
- Soft Close: If a bid is received within the last 3 minutes of the auction, the auction close time will automatically extend 3 minutes to allow other bidders an opportunity to competitively bid prior to the auction closing. This feature eliminates "snipers" and encourages fair and impartial bidding from all participants.
- Disclaimer: All information provided is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. Information is subject to change without notice. There are no warranties either expressed or implied pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold "As-Is, Where-Is" with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding. The Auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of the Seller up to, but not beyond the Seller’s reserve price (if applicable). The property is available for and subject to sale prior to auction. By participating in this auction, Buyers hereby acknowledge that any bid(s) placed by them is a binding agreement to purchase the property, subject to the bid being approved by Seller (if applicable).
- Pre-Auction Sales: As an exclusive agent for the Seller, the Auctioneer shall present any and all bona fide written offers to the Seller, which may be created outside of the online bidding platform. Therefore, all properties are subject to pre-auction sales. Pre-auction offers must meet all of the auction terms and conditions, and must be submitted to the Auctioneer on the Auction Real Estate Sales Contract, along with the required earnest deposit. Properly submitted offers will be presented to the Seller in a timely manner. Seller may accept or reject such offer at their sole and absolute discretion.
- Special Condition: In the event the property is sold in two individual tracts, to two separate buyers, the BUYER on Tract #1 shall be solely responsible for working with Wyandotte County, Kansas Urban Planning & Land Use Department, in creating an approach (access) to the property off of Donahoo Road. The contact at Wyandotte County Urban Planning & Land Use is Rob Richardson (913) 573-5750.